Profile - William “Jay” Fisher
William “Jay” Fisher is recognized as an accomplished business and general counsel attorney. His expertise in corporate, construction, and contract matters has gained the respect of clients throughout the Midwest over the past thirty-nine years.
- Wabash College (A.B. 1966)
- Northwestern University (J.D., 1969)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Arbitration Association
- 1969-Present: Attorney, Grand Rapids, Michigan, emphasis: corporate/business matters
- 1969-1975: Member and partner in law firm: VanderVeen, Freihofer & Cook
- 1975-1990: Founding partner in law firm: Tolley, Fisher & Verwys
- 1990-2000: Equity partner in law firm: Dickinson Wright P.L.L.C.
- 2000-Present: Founding partner in Fisher & Dickinson P.C.
- American Arbitration Association – Neutral Arbitrator
- State Court Mediator Accomplishments
- 1987 – Present: General Counsel for American Seating Company
- 1989 – Present: General Counsel for FBO Northern Air Aviation Group
- Lead attorney accomplishing the financing, construction, leasing of 17 story Bridgewater Place, Grand Rapids, Michigan (largest commercial project in Grand Rapids area).
- Lead attorney accomplishing the financing, construction and leasing of Boardwalk Apartments and Offices, Grand Rapids, Michigan (largest apartment/office mixed use project in Grand Rapids).
- Lead attorney for creation and marketing of real estate limited partnerships for Michigan Medical PC (largest medical group in Western Michigan) the largest association of physicians in Western Michigan.
- Lead attorney for American Seating Company in negotiation/resolution of construction and contract matters involving seating for major stadium and entertainment facilities throughout the US and involving seating for public transportation venues throughout North America.
- Lead attorney in negotiation of financing matters involving major clients including the Northern Air, Aviation Group and American Seating Company.
- Lead attorney in negotiation and resolution of contract matters for aviation fixed base operations, aircraft charter, aircraft management, aircraft fractional share programs.
- Attorney for several banks and financial institutions relating to lending matters.